Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Prepping for Applique

 I will start off with a recent visit by Mama Moose and Baby.  She comes up to drink out of our rain barrel. We caught them on our security camera, but I couldn't figure out how to download from there so took a video of the video. So I apologize for the quality.




So not much actual sewing going on here. I have been spending my days painting the exterior of the house. I started last summer and I am back at now. I wanted to start sooner, but had all that firewood to deal with first. So my evenings have been spent prepping (hopefully) all the applique pieces I need for the borders of my Cassandra's Circle quilt. I used Karen K Buckley's Perfect Circles and her Bigger Perfect Leaves this time. The leaves will definitely be quicker to sew this way. I also made a template for the flowers and used it to press the edges of the flowers shapes. I am hoping this will speed up the flower applique too.

All the pieces are prepped, now just to position them on to the next three borders


The template I made for the flower pieces



This is the first border. I just need to sew down all the pieces. Two corners will have the plumes, two will not. The plumes will be "kitty-corner" from each other.




I finished block 4 for the Freedom's Friend's BOM I am doing. You can find out more about it on Barbara Brackman's blog HERE and HERE.


Block 4, the Dove


Happy Quilting! Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. Your border is beautiful! I can't wait to see them attached to the quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your Mama Moose video. Such a majestic animal. Love it. Great border. Love that you add plumes at 2 corners only. It will be an interesting touch. enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how still the moose can stand!
    Your vine with leaves and flowers look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my goodness you are busy - stacking firewood and trying to get applique done

    ReplyDelete