Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Next UFO and New Hexie Projects

 A very Happy Fathers's Day to all the father's put there, including my sons and grandsons!


As I said in my last post about the Sweet William quilt, I have another very old project that I have been making progress on. It is from an Edyta Sitar book "Handfuls of Scraps",  Flower Garden. 


All the hexagon flowers are completed and I put them up on the design wall to arrange their placement. Now to get this top sewn together. I still have quite a few neutral hexies to baste, but will do that as I go along.

Sorry! Not a very good photo.


This the lay out to follow. This is the first time I have done this, so hope I don't get too confused.


My progress so far, I have a long way to go. Plus, I need to decide on the border.


I have really gotten hooked by the Hexie bug! I have been looking for ideas on Pinterest and came across the most amazing hexagon quilt on  called La Passion by Grit Kovacs. It is really an ambitious project and I thought the pattern would be expensive. It wasn't! I was able to download it from her online store for $9.54 US dollars. Below is a photo of the quilt and here is a LINK to the pattern. Here is a  LINK  to her blog where you can see lots of photos and different versions of this quilt. There are 17,300 hexies sized 1/2" in this quilt, not sure if I could do that, we will see. 



Also here is a LINK  to Turid's blog "Den syende himmel", she is in Norway. She not only made a LaPassion quilt (which has 1/2" hexies), but also one using 1/4" hexies! Totally Amazing! Lots of photos on her blog too, so many different version in different colorways. On her side bar there is a Labels list just scroll down to La Passion and La Passion Mini.



Turid"s La Passion



Turid's Mini La Passon


I also bought this pattern by Rachaeldaisy Designs.



Some ideas for the centers.




Sorry for such a long post! Hope to link up with Kathy and the other Stitchers today,  HERE   I will be stitching hexies. Happy Quilting, Rebecca

7 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing hexie projects! Yours will be beautiful when finished, too. Fun to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hexies and will not think of starting another before I am finished with the one I am working on. I didn't know Turid had the pattern available - I thought of making it a long time ago when she was doing it step by step on her blog but never did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun that you will start La Passion. I think I've made my last one now. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this flower garden quilt. I might start another one Hexi quilt too. I've been following Turid's blog since the beginning of La Passion (original size). She is amazing to have done two! The more I look at it, the more I want one. You have a lovely beginning for Flower Garden. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your hexie delight, and I will be happy to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with hexie quilts. Your garden of sweet hexies is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hexagon quilts. I love how yours is coming along.

    ReplyDelete