Thursday, July 21, 2022

New England Quilt Museum - Hospital Sketches Exhibit

 In 2019 Barbara Brackman organized a BOM called Hospital Sketches. The purpose was to commemorate the brave women who left their homes and loved ones to help wounded Civil War soldiers. Each month we had a new applique block and there was a story of  another Civil War era hospital and the women who helped care for the soldiers there. One of the most famous women was Louisa May Alcott.  There was to be an exhibit of some of the finished quilts at the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, MA in 2020, but because of the pandemic it was put of until 2022. That gave me time to finish my quilt, I still had the borders to do.  I had the quilt professionally quilted by a local quilter, Rose Edgren. She did an amazing job! It was the first time I had a quilt quilted by someone else.  My quilt was chosen to be part of the exhibit along with 14 others. The exhibit will run from July 20,2022 to October 1, 2022. I am thrilled beyond words to be part of this exhibit!


Rose Edgren a local quilter did the quilting for me. She did an amazing job! This is the first time I have had a quilt professionally quilted.













Happy Quilting! Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! that applique is so beautiful I love the design that you show last - I have done something like that and the way it kind of twirls I love and all the colors you used in the tiny circles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful, I love it! Congratulations for being selected for the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being chosen for the exhibit. It's so easy to see why they want your quilt in the collection. They know excellent work when they see it. Your quilt is a Masterpiece! Bravo! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. . . it's a splendid finish.

    ReplyDelete