Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sunday Quilting

 I have started hand quilting the border for my Springtime Album quilt. I purchased a ‘half hoop’ from Ebay. I got a really good price. With shipping it came to $31. I had looked at others, one on Amazon for $90 and another on Etsy for $85. I am really happy with it! It is very comfortable to quilt with. I will be linking up with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday as soon as I can.




It had never been used.

I also got all four borders prepped for applique for my Cassandra's Circle top. So if I get tired of hand quilting today I will work on these borders. They are not sewn on to the top yet for easier stitching, but once they are I will fine tune those corner vines. I will probably add more flowers and leaves in the two corners that don't have the plumes.





I also finished my grandson's quilt top. I don't know why I find borders such a pain, but they are on finally. It measures about 78"x 94". A big thank you to Chantal of At the Corner of Scraps and Quilts blog for making me aware of a mistake in the piecing, all taken care of now I hope. You can read her blog HERE. She always has some wonderful scrappiness going on over there!


(



Now that that top is done I will move on to the next grandson's quilt.  I have been collecting fabric for it and I think I have all I will need now. I just need to wash and press it all. It is made from 2 1/2" strips so I will be able to use my Accuquilt Go cutter. That will certainly speed things up!


I will be making the quilt from this book.


This is the one I have chosen.


I think I have plenty of black on white fabrics and black on black fabrics.


A tub of colorful batiks for the color blocks.


Happy Quilting! Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to correct the mistake before you started quilting! The hoop you bought looks like a good one to use. I see some people's hoops and they look awkward to hold. Cassandra's Circle is so pretty, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects! Cassandra's Circle is beautiful. I need to finish mine! Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you caught that mistake. I have never seen a half hoop like that. What a great invention for quilting borders. Cassandra's circle is gorgeous. The next quilt that you have planned is great for a grandson. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was unaware that there was such a thing as a half hoop for quilting; how fabulous. Cassandra's Circle is a beauty and how fun your grandson's quilt 'Hoytyville' will be. It is going to look fabulous with all those black patterned fabrics and bright colours here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new quilt start looks great, dark fabrics with pops of colour. I'll be looking forward to seeing this progress.

    ReplyDelete