Friday, June 24, 2022

Catching Up

 So the seasons have changed and we are enjoying some warm summer days. We are getting chores done outside and getting prepared for next winter. My main job was stacking the 12 cords of firewood we had delivered. I have been getting some quilting done too.


I got my Cassandra's Circle top sewn together and I am now working on a border design. This quilt was a BOM with Barbara Brackman on her Civil War Quilts blog. You can see the patterns  HERE


This is my border idea so far. There will be plumes on the opposite corner, diagonally, and the vine will go around the other two corners.




I also finished my top for her other BOM,  the Ladies Aid Album Sampler. I will not be adding any borders, I will finish it off with a red binding in the same fabric as the hearts. You can find the free patterns HERE.


I have continued my hand quilting on my Spring Time Album. I only have one more block to quilt and then I will start on the borders.




I finished one top for a grandson, just need to add borders.





I have been playing around with some Liberated Baskets.




Finally, I am working on Barbara Brackman's new BOM Freedom's Friends, you can find the information HERE.



I know this was a long post! Thanks for hanging in there with me! Rebecca  (I have no idea why this letters are so big, lol)

4 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful applique quilts in progress! I was very tempted by the Freedom's Friends blocks but I already have an applique quilt in progress. Stacking wood keeps a person in shape! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilts. Love your border idea for Cassandra's Circles. Ladies Aid Album looks great with the additional hearts to finish the "flower" in the border. Well done. The grandson's blue quilt has a little issue. First row, last star is not like the others. Oops! I've had that issue too just last week. So annoying when we don't see it sooner. Love your Freedom's Friends blocks. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your quilt tops are so lovely. What wonderful applique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your applique- great job! I plan to do more applique next year I hope

    ReplyDelete