Sunday, January 23, 2022

If You Give a Moose a Muffin......


 We had a Mama Moose and her calf stay around the house for four days! That never happens. And  honestly, I didn't even try to give them a muffin! It certainly made things difficult, like trying to walk the dog, or even go outside. My shoveling got put on hold. The Mama wasn't aggressive, but the calf was, he charged my husband and our dog once. We had a couple of sleepless nights when they decided to hang around the front door and even came up on to our side walkway that leads to the carport. Poor dog! I am sure she thought  was protecting us with all her barking. LOL They finally left when my husband moved our truck, they saw that and ran off.  Of course we took lots of photos and videos. It was interesting to watch them. Who knew moose groomed themselves. They also seem to be adapting to the deep snow, they would climb up on our huge piles of snow to reach higher branches on the birch trees. 










In quilting news I redid the la st block for the Ladies' Aid BOM. Below is the one I prepped, but I was just not happy with it.




This is the new version, all finished. Much happier with this one.




I have also gotten a little hand quilting done on a very old project, Spring Time Album. I will be working on this today for "Slow Stitching Sunday".

Next block marked and ready to quilt.



This is my little sewing box I keep my hand quilting items in. 


Photo chart I use to keep track of my progress.



Not as much sewing this week as I would have liked. so much snow to shovel. Now that the moose left am back to it. I keep working at bit by bit. I will be linking up with Kathy's Slow Stitching group, HERE Happy Quilting, Rebecca








4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the moose videos. The mother doesn't seem too thin, that's always good. We had one in the field behind my house this morning. A big mama. Not sure if she was pregnant or not. My cat just sat on the deck and watched. Love the changes you brought to your applique block. It's so lovely. Enjoy the hand-quilting. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long time to have them around your property! I was surprised how casual mama seemed in the first video, letting her calf move so far away from her. I had trouble deciding whether I was seeing fog, smoke, or snow in the videos. Or maybe it was just reflection?
    Your blocks are beautiful. I, too, like the second version of your Ladies' Aid block. Spring Time Album is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fascinating to have Mama Moose and her calf so close. Your BOM block is lovely. How annoying you you had to remake it, though the second one was worth the re-doing. Spring Time Album is amazing! It must be rather pleasant looking at this beauty while you quilt away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that the moose interrupted your shoveling, but they certainly gave you quite an interesting blog post. I loved the videos. I like that quilt block and I love Spring Time Album. What a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete