Saturday, October 28, 2023

Pineapple Crazy and Bramble Blooms QAL


 I am still doing catch up posts. I finally finished a very long term project, Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Crazy quilt. Another top that needs quilting! (Sorry for the poor quality of the photos) The quilt finishes about 80" X 90". Linking up with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.






A couple of close up photos of the individual blocks. Each block finishes at 5" and there are 45 pieces in each block. I had several quilting friends donate scraps for this project which helped with the variety.






Now to the exciting news! Audrey of the famous Quilty Folk blog is having a QAL! You can read the first post about Bramble Blooms HERE. Audrey makes the most amazing quilts and they are all her own designs. I am hoping to learn a lot through this process, especially about improv and design.


My initial fabric pull.

Possible center panel fabrics.



Happy Quilting! Rebecca

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your Pineapple Crazy quilt is just fabulous! Love the scrappy bits to it, but the time involved had to be incredible. Thanks for linking up to the QAL! Hope it works well for you and others too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you're joining this QAL. I'm also working on my first fabric pull, hoping to have a center background piece ready by Monday. I think this will be a lot of fun and a great learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Pineapple quilt. The big and small colourful "square" makes it so unique. Bravo! Enjoy your newest projects. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers!!! What an accomplishment! That is a fabulous quilt. I really like your fabric pull, hope Audrey doesn't keep us waiting to long for the next prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be such a fun QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pineapple quilt is amazing! And your quilt along fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pineapple quilt is a. mazing! Goodness me, 5" blocks! Yes, I'm tempted too to join in with Audrey's BB project ... seems like good to find some fabric I’ve been hoarding – who knows why - and cut it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your pineapple quilt is amazing, I can't imagine working with 5" blocks! I like your fabric choices and looking forward to catching up with everyone taking part in the QAL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...your Pineapple Crazy is gorgeous and ticks all the boxes of quilts I love...scrappy,, small blocks and a big quilt. Congrats to you. Your QAL fabrics are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you've started posting again, Rebecca. I always enjoyed your posts about your quilts, your home, your wildlife posts.
    Your pineapple Crazy Quilt is amazing! For a 5" finished block, each strip of fabric finishes at less than half an inch? What a lot of work! I love all the fabrics and colors together.
    Your chose a beautiful range of colors for Bramble Blooms. I especially like the inclusion of the butterscotchy/tans/light browns on the right, just behind the greens. I'm looking forward to seeing your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting Rebecca! I think I have my commenting glitches ironed out now. Your Bramble Blooms fabric selection is soft and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG what a wonderful pineapple quilt - so much work in it.

    ReplyDelete