Saturday, February 24, 2018

Three Finishes! Three Moose!


I am so happy to be posting photos of actual quilts! Three projects done!


First up is the camo baby quilt for my new great-grandson, due March 12, but he could arrive any day. My granddaughter asked for an outdoor/animal theme with a very specific camo fabric. You can read more about that in this POST. It finished at 39" X 39" after washing. I am happy with the finished quilt.





I used the large camo design for the backing.


Just did a loopy meander for the quilting.



The second finish is the blue plaid baby quilt for the same great-grandson. This one finished at 34 1/2" X 38 12".




I used  flannel for the backing.




The third finish is the flannel quilt for our bed. It is a nice heavy quilt, just right for this time of year. My DH said it it is his favorite quilt!


 




And since we are talking about threes, we had three moose in the yard the other day.





Pretty sure she is pregnant.


This is the one you can't see too well in the other photo. Probably last years calf.


Now to look over my list of projects and decide what to work on next! Happy Quilting, Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. What delightful sets of three. Your quilt finishes are perfect for the new baby and obviously perfect for your DH. It feels good to get so many done at once. Which is good because I recall you have a very long and exciting list this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Greatgrandson will be wrapped in so much love and coziness! Congratulations on 3 finishes and being able to check them off. Enjoy seeing the moose - until one ran alongside of our truck on our last trip up the Alaska Hwy., I did not totally understand just how big they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca, I love your quilts . . . what a lucky great-grandson, he's going to be cuddled in love :) I have been on a plaid flannel kick and have made three quilts with it this winter. They are so warm and comfy.
    Love the wildlife photos. I have heard that Moose can be very dangerous . . . be careful and stay safe.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful finishes, Rebecca. The blue plaid is such a simple pattern but makes a great quilt. Very calming and restful. My favorite is still the plaid one your husband likes. I think it's just too fun! Thanks for the moose photos. I think it would be interesting to live where moose visit your yard!

    ReplyDelete