Monday, February 25, 2019

String Along Baskets

I made a little progress on my String Baskets. I did more cutting than sewing I think. I cut out a lot of  red background pieces and prepped handles, but I did complete 4 basket blocks and 8 string blocks. The string blocks will be cut in half to make the basket blocks. My finished blocks measure 7 1/2", in the Gwen Marston/Freddy Moran pattern I am using, their blocks finish at 14 1/2". (I had to do a little math.)
I am linking up with Lori's blog Humble Quilts for the Stringalong Link up HERE.


Four completed String Baskets. I am doing machine applique for the handles. 

Eight more string blocks done, this will make sixteen basket blocks.
Red backgrounds cut and handles.




We haven't seem very many moose lately and the ones we have didn't give  me a chance for a photo. We did see some caribou though.








Happy Quilting, Rebecca

7 comments:

  1. Love your string baskets especially with the red background. Making the squares first is a great idea and time saver. Thanks for sharing your wildlife photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. These string baskets are wonderful! love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little string baskets, reds are always one of my favorites. Long ago I lived in Alaska, saw many moose in our yard during winter, but we weren't in caribou country. They're amazing animals, both the moose and caribou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Baskets are darling! Red! Very fun. I loved seeing the carbou, they are magnificent, wow.

    lizzy gone to the beach lizzzz.d@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea -- string baskets! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about your baskets! The red background is perfect!
    The caribou!! Wow! Amazing animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your baskets on that red background. Your photos are wonderful and I love your header photo!

    ReplyDelete