Monday, January 8, 2018

Revisiting Some UFOs

I have seen lots of different quilting plans in blog land for the new year, for finishing up projects and/or starting new ones. I don't think I will join any of these, but I do plan to make some progress on some old projects. I have six complete quilts tops that have been hanging around for a while, I really hope to get them quilted this year. First I thought I would share some projects that I thought I had  finished, but I went back to and made some changes.


First up is my Tumbler quilt, this was Bonnie Hunter's Leader/Ender Challenge in 2015. Here is a  LINK to the info on it.  I had finished the top back in June of 2016.



  Then I had another look at Bonnie Hunter"s Tumbler quilt and it looked like she had added darker tumblers as an outer border. I really like that so I decided to redo mine and add the dark tumblers. I am not so sure now.  LOL  I may trim it a bit, taking at least a tumbler and a half width off. What do you think? I would value your opinions.


I think I like it better before.




Next up is my Front Porch quilt top. I had completed the top in February 2017.  This was a sew along hosted by Lori at Humble Quilts here is a  LINK  to her blog and a  LINK  to info about the sew along. I was never happy with the background I used for the three rectangular blocks with the flower pots and circular flowers. I don't know why I didn't listen to that inner voice at the time. I had to go back and change them out. I don't know if you can tell much of a difference, but I am glad I changed them.  



Before
After(I also redid the leaves and flowers)



 I also changed a few other things, I thought the top need a few more sparks of yellow in it. 


I also switched out the purple and lavender flowers
 for yellow in this block.


Added berries, a bird and a flower to these baskets.


After (Roscoe doing his quilt inspection)
Before




















I have also made some progress on my Handfuls of Scraps hexie project.




I still need to join the sections together. I laid them out to see how they looked.



Happy Quilting, Rebecca










3 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back. You've been very busy. Looks like you've been following gut feelings too. Believe in yourself! I was happy to see your moose photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of tumblers! Like the play of color and tend to side with you on narrowing down the borders...maybe fold the existing borders back out of the way - either all together or various widths to see what you like. Your basket block with the little bird and flag is adorable...and as always, wonderful applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tumbler quilt is so fun. I love the array of colors you used. I think I would make the border narrower, too. I have such a hard time deciding while I'm working on a quilt and then, after it's finished, I can see how it would have been better with this or that change. It's good of you to notice before you quilt!

    Your Front Porch quilt is delightful! I agree with the change in background of the ones you changed. It's extra work but it's always worth it when we see that it looks better with the change.

    Thank you for including my blog in your sidebar blog list. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete