Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy 2018!!





I hope each of you has a healthy, happy, and peaceful New Year! With days filled with the things that bring you joy. Like quilting, of course!



I am trying my hand at blogging again. New blog, new name and a new look. I had deleted my old blog Quilting Everyday sometime back. I missed reading my favorite blogs and my blogging friends,that is one reason I have decided to return to blogging.  Another reason is to be able to share my obsession love for quilting with others who share my obsession love of all things quilty..


So to start off I will show you my Christmas sewing. (And wouldn't you know it, my first post and I have had nothing but internet and blogger issues all day.)

First up is a Pink and White Rail Fence for my 6 year old granddaughter G. It finished at 52" x 63".




And I made her a doll quilt to match.
Doll quilt 23" x 29"

 I also made a doll quilt for great-granddaughter A., who is almost 2.





For my granddaughter J. and her new husband, I made this Rail Fence Star. It is a queen size quilt and finished at 81" x 81". This was a Missouri Star Quilt Company pattern, you can find the tutorial HERE.





 For my grandson T., I made a version of All People Quilt's Blueberries and Cream quilt. Their rectangles were 2 1/2" x  4 1/2" for a throw size quilt. I made mine 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" to speed things up and to make it larger. It finished at 81 1/2" x 89 1/2".  You can find their pattern HERE.






I also got a quilt top finished for our guild's charity program. It was also queen size, but I forgot to measure it.






And of course I have to add a moose photo. This big guy was in the yard the other day.




Happy Quilting, Rebecca.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! You have been missed...great name for your blog too! Will add the new name to my list.

    ReplyDelete