Thursday, April 23, 2020

On the Design Wall and a Finished Top - But No Mary Brown Blocks

Just a few thought to start off with. Alaska has been fortunate so far concerning the Covid-19 Pandemic. As of right now we have had a total of  345 cases and 9 deaths. (Our state's  population is about 730,000.) In our local area there was only one confirmed case and that was on Ft. Greely, the missile base 10 miles south of us.
Alaska is one of the states opening back up. I thought it interesting that most of the businesses they are opening are not places we go to. Barber shops, I have cut my husband's hair most of our married life. I do not go to the beauty shop or have my nails done. We certainly don't get tattoos. We rarely eat out. We do want to make a trip up to Fairbanks soon for groceries, but will wait and see if there is a spike in covid-19 cases first. We plan to play it safe.
On a different subject, the advertising agencies are doing great business, everyone is making new commercials and ads. I wonder about the make up companies? Who puts on makeup when you are wearing a mask? Not me.

So enough of that! On to the quilting.I did not get to my Mary Brown blocks this month. I hope to make them up next month.


I finished block three for the Cassandra's Circle sew along.




I finished this top for one of my grown granddaughters. It is a Missouri Star pattern called Totally Tulips. I had another quilt top started for her, but just didn't like how it was looking so started this one.

Totally Tulips 90" X 91"


I have fabric left over and a lot of HSTs too. Maybe enough for a lap or throw quilt.


On the design wall I have my Improv Log Cabin blocks. These are the ones I have the embroidery finished on, I have six more sewn together. The other project is a baby quilt for my new great-granddaughter coming in June. It is a Kim Diehl pattern from her book "Baby Bliss".


I have some of the applique done on the top panel. Those chevron rows were tedious. I am glad they are all done and sewn together.



A few masks of course.





A few new booties for our dogs.






We had to drive south for a few miles, our truck has this thing call 'exhaust regeneration' we have to do occasionally. Basically we have to drive about 5 miles while it does its thing.  We saw a small herd of caribou and one moose taking a nap.







Happy Quilting and Take Care! Rebecca


















5 comments:

  1. Good to know you continue safe and well - and very, very busy! In the northern county we live in it is basically woodsy, rural farmland with any neighbors not really visible. We love the quietness & space and now it has given us extra insulation compared to more populated areas. We are thankful for that. Love your applique block and the background is lovely. Those new dog booties are so cute - know they are important for your pups where you live. We tried some for our shelties a while back for snowy winter months. They lasted about 2 seconds and boy did those girls walk funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you used Kim Diehl fabrics in your Cassandra block. I have someef those in stash. Good use of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Cassandra’s Circle block. I must admit, that one has sorely tempted me. You are really forging ahead on your projects. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've been busy! So many cool projects! They are all great!! Happy mother's day!! cheers, cw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my you have been busy! I adore your Cassandra block. I don't think I have ever been able to capture a napping moose. I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete