Saturday, July 28, 2018

Deltana Fair

Once again it is time for our local fair. I went in on Thursday to help hang quilts. We did not have as many entries as the last few years.


Here we are  getting started, I meant to take photos as we worked but I was just too busy!



I will start with the Grand Prize winner. This quilt was made by our guild's treasurer.


The front.

The back.



Now photos of the rest of the entries. Lots of blue ribbons! I was told, if the quilt earns the points on the score card, they get a blue ribbon.











Each year we have People's Choice Awards for the three favorite quilts. The fair attendees vote for their favorite. I have a feeling this one will win!
















Smaller, wall hanging size quilts.

















I was told the bottom one, red and blue,, was made by a 5 year old as she sat on her Mom's lap at the sewing machine.











This was our guild's raffle quilt this year.




2018 Raffle Quilt






Next time I will share my entries and the Silent Auction items. Happy Quilting, Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. The local fair is a wonderful venue for sharing everyone's quilts. I'll be judging at our county fair this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piecing on that green & white quilt is amazing...is that a Judy Niemeyer pattern? So many other wonderful and colorful quilts...and all those blue ribbons - so nice to recognize the hard work of the quilters!

    ReplyDelete