Thursday, February 8, 2018

New Projects for 2018

You have to admit the quilts in my last post rated low on the "pretty" scale! LOL So I thought I would share some of the new projects I have added to the herd.


Let's start with the prettiest! This is Edyta Sitar's Spring Bouquet Quilt. I am going to do it in batiks as she did.






A start on block #1.





I bought this circle cutter for this project. I have Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circle templates, but they do not include all the sizes I need. I hope this works!








The next new project is a mystery BOM through the Fat Quarter Shop. We will be using Kaffe Fassett fabrics so this will be really different for me. I was going to add a link, but when I went over to the Fat Quarter Shop I could not find the page, sorry. This starts in March.








My third new project is a Kaleidoscope quilt. I saw this quilt on Lori of Humble Quilts blog, she graciously has allowed me to use her photos. It was a quilt she saw a the Aurora Quilt Show, in September of 2017. Here is a LINK to her blog post.

I participated in a Civil War Reproduction fat quarter club through Primitive Gathering for about three years, so I have gather a LOT of CW fabrics. I am sorry to say that there are many of them that I would not have picked for myself. So what to do with all of these fat quarters. When I saw this quilt I had my answer!












 While I have my CW fabrics out, I will probably cut out some pieces for this quilt too. It  will be a good way use some of the scraps from the Kaleidoscope project I think.




The Pyramids quilt is found in Quiltmania #94.



I also joined in on Kathleen Tracy's mystery QAL , Friendship Garden. Here is a LINK to her website where you can download the instructions and the first block patterns. She a has an applique block and a pieced block. She also has a Facebook group called Kathleen Tracy's Small Quilt Lovers, here is a LINK.



This block will finish at 8"


I also want to make a liberated style word quilt using this book. I have lots of ideas going on in my quilty little brain on this one.






So as soon as I finish up the two baby quilts for my new great-grandson I will be able to do more  on these projects.


We also had a visitor the other day. The photos aren't the best, I took them through our front window, I was worried if I went outside it would alert the dogs that he was out there. As you can see he has shed one of his antlers.








Happy Quilting, Rebecca (Sorry for the long post)

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy - lots of pretties to choose from! The Tru Cut 360 looks interesting. I do have both size packages of Karen’s Perfect Circles and do love using them. I spotted your Panama Pyramids project too! Mine has taken a back seat in order to finish some UFO’s first. And decided to go with a smaller version. Edyta’s quilt pattern is so wonderful and with all the beautiful batiks you have up there In Alaska, yours will be a stunnere! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a cold and dark winter at your house I can tell you are ra day for some COLOR. You're going to have fun with all of these fun and challenging projects. I started on the Panama Pyramids too, but some how got sidetracked along the way. Heehee. Loved seeing your front yard visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of quilts on the horizon, Rebecca, all beautiful. It looks like you will have lots of handwork to do, too. Do you think you will favor one over the other or divide your time equally? Please let us know how the circle cutter works. Is it made specifically for fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. It's amazing to think of a moose in my front yard. Never here in Ohio, but amazing to imagine it anywhere! He's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete