Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Spring Snow & The Scrap Vortex

Winter Storm Warning issued April 22 at 1:24PM AKDT until April 24 at 4:00AM AKDT by NWS
.Heavy snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 9 inches are expected. * WHERE...Central Interior with the heaviest snow accumulations along the Elliott Highway * WHEN...6 PM today to 4 AM Wednesday. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Look for significant reductions in visibility at times. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected. This will make travel very difficult or impossible. 


We awoke to this this morning! About 5" of snow, I hope it does stay around long.



Now on to quilty things. I bet you thought my Scrap Vortex project was forgotten with all the other projects I have going, but it has been growing! The strips are about 73" and the total width is about 43". I have not sewn the strips together yet, I am waiting until I have more done. This top is a little like working on a jigsaw puzzle .




Look what just came in the mail! More fabric photos for the wedding quilt, I ordered 12 more. I think everything else will be put on hold until I get this top together.





Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. my goodness- where do you live that you are still getting snow! I know you have mentioned it but I forgot - it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the cold of more snow, your vibrant vortex adds color and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless a person lives in the far south, you tend to become a veteran of winter to spring transition...knowing Mother Nature cane deliver lingering snow and cold well into May...hoping your recent storm is quickly melting away! That Vortex quilt project is coming along so well with its happy mix of colors. The wedding quilt using photos is going to be extra, extra special!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snow is really ridiculous! Great vortex quilt!!
    We will be sharing our Spencer Museum quilt tomorrow- I hope that works out. Let me know and I'll link to your blog post.

    ReplyDelete