Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Hospital Sketches Virginia Coxcomb and Quilty 365

I finished block two, Virginia Coxcomb, for  the Hospital Sketches BOM . I posted two photos with different lighting. It is so hard to get the fabric colors "just right". You can get more information about  Barbara Brackman's 2019 BOM HERE. She also has a Facebook page you can join HERE. The Facebook page is really fun because you get to see everyone's wonderful interpretations of each block.








 I am busy prepping my next blocks for the Spencer Museum and Hospital Sketches quilts so with  no applique ready to stitch, I had time for some hand quilting on my Spring Bouquet quilt.






Another project I am stitching is Quilty 365. This was a sew along hosted by Audrey of Quilty Folk back in 2016. You can read about it HERE. I participated, making leaf blocks. Later I was not really happy with the leaf blocks as they were, I am going to do something else with the leaves. I loved everyones circle blocks though, so started another Quilty 365 this January. So far I stitched a circle each day!


January 2019



February 2019



March 2019



Happy Quilting! Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Your Cockscomb block is gorgeous, Rebecca. It's so vibrant!
    Your circles look great, too. I couldn't quilt get into stitching a circle a day but the quilts made with them are fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous work on your applique block..loving the colors, too...
    I have my circles stashed away somewhere from Audrey's QAL--need to get them together...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete