Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April Snow and Other Projects

It seems that my posts lately have focused on sew along projects. I have been working on other projects too. First up though, I guess that little bunny I posted a photo of last time, is smarter than I
thought. We woke up to 8" of snow this morning!


The temperature dropped down too, it warmed up to a whopping 30* this afternoon.

The wedding quilt has made a tiny bit of progress. I received the fabric photos I ordered. Laid out the blocks and decided I want more photos. So I am waiting on those.





I am working on a quilt for one of my adult granddaughters. Her favorite colors are blue and orange. I also have quilts on the list for another adult granddaughter and two adult grandsons. When these are done I will be "caught up".


 The pattern is called Japanese Flowers by Nerida Richmond. I downloaded it from Cozy Project. Here is a link to their site, COSY PROJECT   They have lots of patterns and online classes.

Japanese Flowers by Nerida Richmond


I have all  the center flowers appliqued and just need to do the circle centers, then I can start working on the border flowers. 




This is the pattern I am using for the second granddaughter's quilt. I have two jelly rolls ready to go.





For one grandson I will be making Bonnie Hunter's Smokey Mountain Stars quilt in blues and grays. I have not made a decision yet for the other grandson.




I have also been sewing  Angela"s  blocks for the RSC19 Tiny Tuesday Sampler. You can read more about it  HERE. I decided on my setting fabrics, white with a black print for the straight sets and black with a white print for the diagonal sets. I am not sure of the final lay out, just having fun making the blocks each week.





I have collecting black and white prints.




Happy Quilting, Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I love the patterns you're working on. Those cold months have kept you sewing and sewing. Hopefully, spring will show up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lots of lovely projects Rebecca. Love the star quilt from Bonnie Hunter. I'll add you to my follow blog list. :-) Must go and hem DH's jeans.

    ReplyDelete