Tuesday, April 16, 2019

A Little Bit Done

I am almost done stitching my Spencer Museum block for this month. Here is a sneak peek.




I finished appliqueing the center circles on Japanese Flowers and have the center blocks sewn together. I hope to work on the borders today.





Below are blocks I made for the guild. Every year our local library has a silent auction in the Spring.  Our guild puts together a basket with quilt blocks and other quilting items for the auction. Personally I don't think I would use these blocks for a quilt, but they sure were easy.





I added to my Kaffe Fassett fabrics. It has amazed me, that in choosing fabrics for my Hospital Sketches blocks, that the least expected fabrics seem to work. I start out with an idea of what I think will work and what I want, and I am completely surprised at what I end up with. It has been a challenge and fun at the same time.




Added to my Civil War stash too.





We drove out to a local lake for our son, it is about 10 miles from our house.He wanted to know if the ice had melted. It is still frozen.





A brave soul out ice fishing!



I hope whatever you do today you will find joy and have time for some stitching! Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I'm shivering thinking of the ice still there and ice fishing :) it is 70 here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have a sneak peek of latest applique block. I saw your last Hospital Sketches block on Barbara B's blog. Funny how blocks or pattern guide us in new directions

    ReplyDelete