Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Some Finishes



We have had a busy summer so far. Our fifth great-grand child Aubrey was born in June.
Aubrey Mae


This is the quilt I made for her.




A grandson got married.





I completed this quilt for a granddaughter in California. She is so sweet and sent me a photo of herself with her quilt.





I finished the second granddaughter quilt, though haven't had a chance to deliver it yet,



Two quilts are in the works for adult grandsons, and when those are completed I hope to get back to my applique projects, Mary Brown and Cassandra's Circle. I also hope to get borders on my Hospital Sketches.



We have had a Mama and Baby Moose visiting. I got a video of them the other day. You can see it here on YouTube.     https://youtu.be/HATbuBD7weM        I took it through the window so that I did not disturb them. Check it out I think you will enjoy it!







 I will keep this post up for a week or so, then I will be deleting my blog. I will continue to quilt, it is what I do. Goodbye to all the dear friends I have made! Rebecca












10 comments:

  1. sorry to see you leaving blogland but understand it does take a bit of effort to keep going at it and sometimes people decide they want to do something else or devote that time to other things. Please feel free to keep dropping in on my blog to keep in touch. Love your moose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is both filled with happiness and a bit of sadness as well. Aubrey is adorable and her quilt is so sweet. You have been busy making all those wonderful quilts for your grandkiddos. I hope you will keep in touch and leave a message or two on others blogs so we'll know you are stitching merrily along. Take care. It has been fun enjoying all of your Alaskan and animal photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you will be leaving blogland, but I can certainly understand. I use it as my personal quilting journal and do not have the patience for any of the other social media so I guess I will stick with it for a while. I will miss your posts. Stay happy and healthy and have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read that you're deleting your blog, Rebecca! Since I found it not too long ago I've enjoyed reading your posts (though I don't comment on all of them). Maybe instead of deleting it you could just leave it and have it as a record of what you've done while you've had it. I will miss your blog.
    Your new grandbaby and your older granddaughter are beautiful and so are the quilts you made for all three of them.
    How fun to see the moose and her baby in such a natural way. Thanks for videoing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are deleting your blog! Maybe you could leave your posts for us, they are inspiring! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be missed! Life is so full of other priorities though - your precious great-grandchildren and watching a new generation grow. Next to seeing all your wonderful projects unfold, I will especially miss the fact that you are posting from Alaska - a state our family loves so dearly. Wishing you all the very best and please take care of yourself and be safe and well. And always continue to make those beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad to see you go but I respect your decision. I'm sure you thought about it for sometime now and I won't pressure you into staying. May you continue to make quilts for many, many more years. I have enjoyed seeing your work. Take care. ♥ ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to see you go. So many people are shutting their blogs down. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sad to see you go but understand the need to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad to see you go; but I can understand. I am not blogging myself right now. You will be missed. I loved your quilts and all your photography. Take care. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete