Friday, October 11, 2019

Has Winter Arrived?


I think Winter is here! We got our first real snowfall on October 6th, only a couple of inches, though most of it stayed.

First snow Oct 6th.




It started snowing yesterday, in the afternoon and it continues as I write this post at 5:30 AST. So far we have a bout 10". You will see tire tracks in the driveway, the roads were horrible, but I HAD to got the post office, I had fabric in!


It is still snowing as I write this post, I glad we have not lost our power.




This is the little quilt I made for our guild's Silent Auction this Summer. It is from a pattern by Lori Smith, Pinwheels in My Garden. The original had pinwheel blocks for the border, I opted for some Kaffe Fassett fabric. It finished at 16" X 20"







I am continuing with Barbara Brackman's 2019 SAL Hospital Sketches. You can read more about it HERE. I did take a break from this one to do the Sashiko stitching on my granddaughter's quilt. I am nor sure at this time how I will finish this one. I do hope to do an applique border of some kind.


Six completed blocks.

Block 7 for Hospital Sketches is prepped and I have started the applique.

I might change the bird or possibly just its wing.





September's Quilty 365 blocks. I am really enjoying making these little blocks everyday, I am going to them when the year is done.








And I am starting on  some Christmas stockings. These are the patterns I will be using.












Thanks for stopping by! Rebecca

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! Snow! It's funny because I am talking about how I enjoy my drive to work with all the trees changing colors and here you are with snow. Well, that was a quick change! lol. I love your appliques. Pinwheels in My Garden is perfect. I think pinwheels all around would had been too much. It is so bright and cheerful. Awesome job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow--already?? Yikes!!
    Your appliques are just lovely...and those circles look beautiful hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is pretty....but it is a long winter coming for you.
    Your applique blocks are so very well done. Enjoyable to view.
    Your talents abound. I can knit but not well enough to do designs like you plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors you've been using. They make a great contrast to all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks...your applique is lovely...no snow here for us yet...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Hospital Sketches is coming along beautifully - love your choice of color palette and such meticulous hand work...you are a perfect Alaskan quilter - play with fabric while the snow piles up! Glad you got to the post office:-)

    ReplyDelete