Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Fall Has Come and Gone

 The leaves are gone and we awaiting our first snowfall. We did have a few flakes the other day, but they melted quickly. (Warning: photo heavy post.)

View from my front window, raining and dreary today.



So, I haven't been blogging this Summer, but I have gotten some sewing done. I finished the Wedding Quilt and gave it to them for their first wedding anniversary. I hope to get a better photo soon.






I finally finished my Tumbler quilt.

Quilted and bound!




I also finished one granddaughter's quilt top,complete with Sashiko stitching. This one is called Japanese Flowers by Nerida Richmond. I found this pattern on the Cosy Project site.






And I have started blocks for a second granddaughter's quilt. This pattern is called Kaleidoscope by Lella Boutique. I have a total of 46 blocks done and need to make 18 more.


Not the final lay out.



And I am keeping up with my Quilty 365 blocks. September's blocks are done, but no photo yet.

May's blocks

June's blocks

July's blocks

August's blocks




This big guy has been hanging around a lot lately. He drives our dogs crazy!



More projects to share next time!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to get caught up on all your summer stitching. Lovely quilts for special people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some beautiful quilts here. I'm sure your granddaughters will/do love them!
    It's hard to believe your fall is already over. Here in central Ohio we've returned to summer's heat, at least for a few days.
    I love your photo of the moose and how he's looking at you as you took the photo. He does not look intimidated in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see your posting! And you have definitely been busy stitching away on all those wonderful projects and accomplishing alot..love the tumbler quilt displayed on the hammock. Keep going back to the image in your header - so beautifully dramatic - that spark of fireweed color is perfect. I can hear the mountains calling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy quilter. I love your granddaughter's quilts. The Sashiko one is really eye appealing. The tumbler quilt looks like it's all ready to be wrapped up in with a good book. We have no dog but my husband would be keeping his eye on that moose for sure. Welcome to the Celebrating Mary Brown group. I am working on my 3rd block today. My blocks, so far, are not very traditional but they make me happy.

    ReplyDelete