Friday, March 29, 2019

String Along Month Three

Time for our String Along Link up! I always look forward to seeing what other quilters have been up to. I am linking up with Lori of Humble Quilts who is hosting the String Along, and all the other Stringers HERE .

 I am including my Pineapple Crazy blocks in my string sewing. These little guys take some time, but  I enjoy making them! I finished 12 of these 5 1/2" (unfinished) blocks  this month. That gives me a total of 36 blocks. I think I may start sewing them together so I don't have to sew all 224 blocks  at the same time.
 






I completed 8 String Basket blocks and 10 more string blocks.







All my String Basket blocks, I know it doesn't look like much, bot I did concentrate more on the Pineapple Crazy blocks this month.



I am thinking of settings for the Basket blocks. This is the original Gwen Marston/ Freddy Moran quilt I got my idea from. Their blocks finish at 14" and mine will finish at 7 1/2".




I am playing around with some ideas for settings.
















We had a couple of visitors the other day.







Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. You've made great progress on all your string block projects! I love the bright cheery colors of those baskets, especially with the string blocks radiating outward from the baskets in that vertically oriented photo. So nice to see the moose in your yard too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those stringy baskets! So awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in Alaska are you? I went on a cruise there 2 years ago with my daughter - it was beautiful.
    Love your peppy baskets! the floral fabric is unexpected and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every photo I was saying, "Oh yes! That's great" then the next and next! So many awesome projects with endless possibilities!!

    Cool shot of the moose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing all your string projects--and the moose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your string baskets and the options for setting that you shared. Moose - definitely don't see those in Western Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're working on so many great string quilts. Those pineapple blocks are fabulous and I can see that each one would take a lot of sewing time. Love your string baskets too. They're really fun. Enjoyed seeing your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baskets are gorgeous! It'll be fun to see how you end up setting them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love seeing all your strings and things - the moose! love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. wOW - so many string projects - love the pineapples - they almost look 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your string baskets are too fun! I love the red backgrounds. Are you participating in the AHIQ challenge, "Red is a Neutral?"

    ReplyDelete