Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!

As the new year commences I thought I would take a look back at 2018. Three significant things happened.

Our youngest son married his long time sweetheart!


We welcomed our fourth great-grandchild, Brantlee.

And my granddaughter's little family left Alaska for her husband's home state of Minnesota. We will sure miss them!


On the quilting front I guess I got more accomplished than I thought. I kind of fell into a slump in the Fall of the year.

I did get four baby quilts completed.














Two entries for our local fair.









Two items for our guild's silent Auction at the fair.









Two projects completed for my sister. I repaired her childhood doll our Mother made her. You can read more about that HERE.






And she asked if I could make her an apron to wear while house cleaning. Something with plenty of pockets to hold cleaning items supplies. She sent me a drawing with measurements and I took it from there. I ended up making it out of denim fabric. 





Completed apron for my sister.




I did finish my Diamond Tile top, this was an informal sew along with Bonnie Hunter, you can read more about it HERE and HERE




I also finally made a decision on my Tumbler top. I had added a four tumbler deep border around the top, but was unhappy with it. I decided to trim it down to a two tumbler deep border. I am very happy with it and it is now layered and basted and ready to quilt.




I also completed two Funky Flannel quilts. These are my DH's favorite quilts!

Funky Flannel Quilt #1 for our bed.


Funky Flannel Quilt #2 for our truck.




And I did make a little progress on hand quilting my Cranberry Album quilt, I am pretty slow, but making steady progress once I picked back up this winter.


It is really hard to get a photo showing the texture of the quilting.


Like everyone I am thinking about this new year and what it will hold. I am seriously thinking about my quilting plans. I need to take an honest look at my projects that are in the works and new ones I would like to work on. 


I am wishing all my fellow bloggers a happy and blessed New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see your post from the Far North! Wonderful finishes for you 2018 and very lovely photo of your son and new daughter-in-law - her wedding gown is gorgeous!! Hoping to see you posting and sharing your projects with us in 2019! Wishing you all that is good and kind in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a a busy year. Congratulations on the new additions to you lovely family and all of your wonderful accomplishments as well. It's amazing when you can look back and see how productive you were. Somebody is probably loving that pink unicorn quilt for sure!

    ReplyDelete