Friday, August 10, 2018

Time for the Wonderful Pets on Quilts Show 2018!

I have enjoyed the past years of Pets on Quilts so much, that this year I thought I would enter a quilt.

I made "Feed the Cat" quilt for all my kitty loving friends. I entered it in our local fair this summer and got a first place in the  Appliqued Wall Hanging category. The pattern was designed by Cheryl Gunn of Waltzing with Bears Designs. It finished at 18 1/2" X 28". I am entering the Pet-Themed Quilt category.






I think  his expression seems to say, "My dish is empty!"






I continued the cat theme in the backing fabric.





I am linking up with other pet lovers at Lily Pad Quilting. Here is a LINK. Hop on over and see all the other entries. Happy Quilting, Rebecca

18 comments:

  1. Great design and execution! I love the spotty orange fabric, it gives the cat a fiery character :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and fun! I agree with you about the cat's face expression :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fantastic! I’ve made this quilt. Your version is adorable, and congratulations on your ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bowl is almost empty! It's 1/2 full!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked the perfect fabric for the cat and placed those dots and gradation exactly. Congratulations on that blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece! No surprise that it won first place - it’s so cute and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty looks full of mischief - like those polka dots and all the little eyes peaking out around the borders. Neat idea to have a Pets On Quilts Show...congratulations on your blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilt and the expression is just right for feed me! Well done on first place in your local show. I have entered a few things to our show and never again after the judges were very dismissive of the quilt and the article which won had one piece of stitching on it!!! Never again!! Hugs, Susie & Treacle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would agree with the interpretation of that face! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your kitty quilt! You are so in tune with cat communication!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Starvation is imminent when any portion of the bowl can be seen, right? Haha! Love this pet themed quilt - thanks for joining our party!
    Snoodles at the Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute and yes, the cat’s expression does look like it’s saying “Feed me!” Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never forget to FEED THE CAT! I love your quilt, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute quilt, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete