Monday, August 13, 2018

Making a Little progress and a Squirrel!

 I am making a little progress on some projects and surprise, surprise another squirrel found its way into my life!

I finished Block 1 of Spring Bouquet.  I have such a hard time deciding on fabrics for my applique projects, that for this one I am choosing fabrics similar to or the exact same fabrics Edyta Sitar used in this quilt. I have saved myself endless hours of anxiety and indecision by doing this.




 I have Block 2 prepped and a partial start on it.




Here is a photo of the pattern.
Spring Bouquet Quilt



I have the top finished for our "Truck Quilt".  After I made the Funky Flannel quilt for our bed (you can see a photo  HERE)  my DH suggested I make one to have in the truck for the winter.  I had quite a few blocks left over, but not quite enough so picked up some black flannel from our LQS.


It is 78" X 78"   UPDATE: I have it layered and basted now. Ready to quilt!





Now for the Squirrel! It is Eleanor Burns' free 12 month mystery quilt called "Fun on the Farm"! The first block is Joy the Scrappy Pig. You can download the free pattern HERE. I did have to go to her Facebook page to get the applique templates. Luckily my DH is on Facebook. HERE is a link to that page, but you do need a Facebook account.




Joy the Scrappy Pig
They used a fusible technique, but I will be doing needle turn applique.






Happy Quilting! Rebecca


















5 comments:

  1. I have to also stick with the colours chosen by the designers...going rogue causes me so much angst! Your applique is lovely and a pink pig is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's an incredible applique. Got to love those squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thought of getting that applique pattern but knew I would never finish it so passed - it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy - she is one little gal - cute as a button! You nailed it when referring to how time consuming & challenging it can be choosing fabrics for applique. I feel the same way...it is always a whole different approach from selecting colors for a pieced block. Your Spring Bouquet quilt is off to a beautiful start. Those darn squirrels...they are everywhere aren’t they!!! And so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting talents are amazing! I so admire your skill. Mine is more the flannel quilt design, but they are warm and wonderful, too. I made two flannel quilts last winter and they have become our go to quilts, so soft and warm :) It was lovely stopping by to see what you're up too.
    Happy quilting!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete