Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Fair Entries and Silent Auction

I entered two quilts in the quilt show this year and donated three Silent Auction items.

 My first entry was this twin size quilt. The pattern is called "Lanterns of Hope",  from Hollyanne Knight's site,  A String and a Story. Here is a LINK to her online shop and a LINK to her blog. If you are looking for a fast to sew quilt, this is it. I cut it out and sewed the top together in a weekend. I did the quilting with my Baby Lock Tiara using a variegated thread.


Lanterns of Hope, twin size. 









And I entered my Feed the Cat quilt. I went a completely different direction with my fabric choices than what I had originally intended. I am happy with this cheerful little quilt. This one finished at 28" X 18 1/2".








The back, complete with hanging sleeve.

Close up of the backing fabric




Now for the Silent Auction items. I had leftover blocks from the Rainbow Rail Fence charity quilt I made for the guild, so turned them into a throw size quilt. 54" X 66".





Donated "Who's That Moose in the Window"

Donated "Quilt With a Happy Heart"


Here are a few photos of our Silent Auction display.
















Happy Quilting! Rebecca

6 comments:

  1. Your quilts are great. The solid fabrics create a very modern style quilt and your charming kitty quilt is as sweet as can be and of course, very true if you own a cat. How did the silent auction items go? I can imagine your moose one sold for a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How striking your Lanterns Of Hope is! I can see where that design could be used for a number of comfort quilts too - the name is so appropriate. And blue ribbons for you - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts! congrats on your ribbons! Lanterns of Hope is a great modern quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am making a Lanterns of Hope quilt - as part of a sew along/free motion quilt along on HollyAnne Knight's site String & Story (and Facebook group - Quilting Rockstars). The pattern is now available in wall hanging, throw, and twin sizes. Numerous color combinations are being made. We are using it as a "Sew down your Stash" project as well as learning how to free motion quilt with confidence (HollyAnne's "job"!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie! I could not find an email address to answer your comment so I will answer here and hope you will see it. Lanterns of Hope was a really fun quilt to make. Sorry I can't join your sew along, I am not on Facebook.

      Delete
  5. I love both of your quilts, Rebecca. Both are so vibrant and cheerful. I especially like the cat quilt. I think you did a great job of capturing the expression on the cat's face. So many of the other quilts in the show are beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete